EFC Journey So far
Expeditions for Cause: Journey So Far
Thanks for your unconditional support!!
With your blessings, a small and humble beginning has turned out to be a mass awareness program. It has been more than 4 years now that this organization started working on various awareness campaigns on different subjects like: Swachh Bharat, Swachh Ganga, Project Theli, Expeditions “Pankh” for under privileged kids and many more . It has been a very eventful journey so far and EFC thanks you all for overwhelming response & feedback. Our awareness program has reached to masses and eventually we have learned a lot on the difficulties they are facing. We are implementing the learning of previous journeys in upcoming programs and awareness campaigns.
1.0 Swachh Bharat Awareness Campaign “फेंकिए मत”… सड़क पर – Educating the Educated!!
Expedition “Do Not litter”.. on the road or फेंकिए मत ….. सड़क पर is an awareness campaign started with an objective of educating the educated. EFC started this campaign last year from Gurgaon and till today this campaign has covered more than 36 cities with a message and request (Do not Litter on the road). This campaign is an ongoing process and will remain continuous. During this campaign EFC distributed portable reusable dustbins to carry along or keep in our Cars. It is very important that that we stop throwing garbage on the road. Littering on roads or cities is extra burden to the government machinery. We have seen in many cities all efforts of government machinery are dedicated to clean and collect garbage. Unfortunately, we have converted our cities into a huge dustbin. This awareness program will be done more aggressively throughout India.
- Started in year 2010 and still ongoing process
- 42 + cities covered so far
- 1 Million Litter Bags / portable dustbins distributed
2.0 Swachh Ganga Expedition
Expedition “Do not litter”- road to Ganga ( “फेंकिए मत”.. सड़क से गंगा तक ) is an awareness campaign along Ganga and was successfully executed in November 2014 between Devprayag and Rishikesh. This awareness campaign and cleaning process started from Devprayag and concluded at Rishikesh, a 80 KM cleaning drive executed by hundreds of volunteers from Delhi, Gurgaon, Devprayag and Rishikesh.
- Started in year 2014 and still ongoing process
- 80 Km of Ganga cleaned , trash handed over to zero waste
- Continuous awareness campaign at various places
3.0 Expedition “Pankh” : Every Child Deserves a Chance
“Pankh” is an initiative from EFC for underprivileged kids. EFC Explained ” each child has his or her own dreams and wish to see them fulfilled in their lives. When these kids are from a society which is underprivileged , these dreams are lost in the struggle of basics. EFC is trying to educate these kids through series of outdoor experiential workshops with an objective to enhance capacity of these children, their ability to think, ability to understand, ability to learn, ability to fulfill their own dreams. This program happens every month and underprivileged kids from the different evening schools are taken out for the workshops. EFC has inaugurated a pilot project of setting up “Digital Play Ground “, a computer Labs for these kids. Finally these labs will be set up at remote locations where the labs are most needed. EFC is also planning a request program called donate in laptop for Labs. This program will be launched very soon under “Pankh” initiative.
- Started in Oct 2015 and still ongoing process
- 60 successful workshops has been done
- 2000 + students touched
- Regular feedback and Interaction classes
- 20+ Industry and professional interactions for motivation and Inspirations
- Started pilot project “Digital Play Ground”
4.0 Project Theli : (Project थैली)
Project Theli is a logical end to the use of polythene in our daily purchases and use. Inspired by Shri Rajen Parikh, EFC has taken up this project to minimise the use of plastic bags in our daily lives. As we all experience that for our daily needs and random purchase from bazaar we depend on polythene or “Plastic ki Theli” “ प्लास्टिक की थैली ” . We take it as granted and assume that shopkeepers will provide this Theli. Project थैली is a systematic approach to remove this plastic theli from our practice and daily lives.
- Started in Dec 2015 and still ongoing process
- 10000 + bags being produced and distributed
- Employment generated
- 5000 + volunteers have taken a pledge in and around gurgaon for not using poly bags
- Planning to produce 50000 bags by year end
5.0 Expedition “Do not litter” @ International craft Mela Surajkund 2015 & 16 & My City Pledge
EFC , Ministry of Tourism, Haryana , International craft Mela authority, Schools and Citizen volunteers came together to run a mass awareness program called (“फेंकिए मत. … सड़क पर ” ) “Do not litter”.. on the roads. This campaign was designed to deliver a message and requesting people not to litter on roads and cities. The campaign was successfully executed and was appreciated by the general public visiting the Mela this year. Many volunteers and Schools participated in the same. This same awareness program will also be repeated in the future craft Melas.
- Started in year 2015 and we participated in 2015 & 2016 Mela
- Appointed by Govt of Haryana and Surajkund mela Authority
- 5 million people visited this year
- Observed cleanest mela this year
- 4000 Pledge for my city my pride signed
- 1 lakh plus people contacted
- 1 lakh + litter bags distributed
EFC has planned a series of awareness campaigns for the year ahead. Some of them are mentioned under :
- Swatch Ganga expedition 2 : Allahabad to Varanasi
- Awareness program “Do Not Litter” on the road for schools of Delhi NCR.
- Regular experiential outdoor programs “Pankh” every month
- Setting up “Digital Play Ground: a computer lab in remote schools under “Pankh”
- Pledge “My City My Pride”
- Adopting rural Govt School for Pankh Activities